My old flat mate was a phenomenal cook. She could do magic things with the simplest of ingredients and rivalled Mary Berry in her baking repertoire. But she steadfastly refused to share any of her recipes.
I’m not sure if she felt that by guarding the steps she took to transform a lowly onion and garlic, it would give her the upper hand, in a secret life competition that I wasn’t aware I was entered into, or if it just gave her some comfort to keep it to herself.
Either way, I always vowed to myself, that if I ever learned to cook, I’d share my successes and laugh at my kitchen failures.
Step 30 – Share a recipe and spread the love
This week is a simple one, but it can have an amazing ripple effect among a group of friends or family members.
All you have to do it write out your favourite recipe, copy it and then share it out. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate three course meal, just a dish that makes you smile, inside and out. Ask the people who you have shared your recipe with, to return the favour; This means you’ll get some new ideas to shake things up a little and perhaps help you out of a food rut.
I’m sharing a family favourite recipe with you dear friends, one that my husband spent hours creating when gluten became a dirty world in our house and waffles were off limits. Belgians LOVE their waffles!
Feel free to share any of your recipes with ME on FB or Instagram #earthtoerin – I could do with some new ideas 🙂
Lots of love,
- 200g Rice Flour
- 100g Buckwheat Flour
- 170g Butter (or vegan option)
- 320ml Almond Milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 eggs (or 2 Chia eggs)
- 2 TBsp Baking Powder
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients (include the butter)
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Add in any extras (blueberries, choc chips, chopped nuts)
- Scoop a dollop of the batter onto a waffle iron and cook as per instructions (mine take 2.5 minutes at a high heat)
- Eat warm with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
- These stay good in the fridge for 2-3 days and can be frozen too!